2015 was a real mixed bag. But focusing on the positive, I now have a wonderful new home, a bouncing baby girl who’s so beautiful it breaks my heart, and I published a new poetry chapbook that I’m actually quite proud of.
I’d like to go back to school in the fall of 2017, so that means 2016 will be a building year for me.
As I focus on getting our finances in order, and trying to figure out how to support my family while I’m in school, I also need to focus on strengthening my self.
With that in mind, here are some things I’m really looking forward to in 2016, in no particular order:
- Writing something fucking amazing. (No pressure.)
- Taking my girl camping.
- Going to Toronto.
- Getting ripped. (Staying in boxing.)
- Killing it at work. (By seeking excellence in my current position.)
- Saving money every month.
- Making a stick sculpture for the girls.
- Learning to make bread.
Here’s to the new year!